View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
SunPerf

Re: Buying a Salon...good or bad idea?

7 beds 2 booths, plus space for airbursh tan(which I already own the equipment). 3 Level 1, 2 level 2, 3 level 3 and 1 level 4. I'm not sure of the age of the equipment (yet) we meet on Sunday to go over the more specifics but just wanted to get a feel for what people thought.

His reason for flipping is because, again, he never intended on staying. He said he's flipped several salons over the last 4 years. Its something he and his father do. The come in and renovate and build up clients and then sell for a profit. He is only in the salon for about 20 hours a week and has a Salon Mgr who is running it. Again, could be bull. I sorta thought the same thing you did. But he said he has all the finiancial's to back it up. The lease is a 10 year lease that he neg last year when he bought the biz. The landlord said he would honor the same terms for the new owner. (of course we'll have to be sure of that). I dont believe they offer EFT either, which is also part of my plan should be decide to take over. So if it is really doing 60k (which is gross by the way)I was just wondering if I should anticipate being successful. Of course you never know, but again just curious. What do "avereage" salons with 9 beds/booths average. On a Main St in a well populated city.
SunPerf is offline   Reply With Quote