View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
kel01602

A little advice for a newbie ;)

Hey everyone! my name is kelly and my husband and I are about to open a salon in central MA. Im trying to get a general idea of our monthly overhead. Id really appreciate any advice or maybe a reminder of something id left out. My husband and I would be working there ourselves for the first few months and then at that point ill be hireing a friend.
The location is great on a main road, with 7 high schools and 5 colleges within 10- 15 miles. There are very few other salons in the area. And only 1 other salon they is new and up to date.

Id also have an esthetician/massage theripist who will be renting out a back room space for waxing and flase eyelashes and massages. I havent come up with a figure for the rent yet, so any ideas would be fabulous. I will have 4 beds and 2 booths. And a spray tan booth. I prefer the custom personal done spray tans . I was looking at envy tan. Is that a good one?

My figures so far...

Rent -$1900(including averaged out quarterly building taxes)
Electric-$1000m (averaged from slower season to busy seaon)
Software/banking/Phone/internet/cable/-$$250
Insurance- $400
Payroll-0 (for now)
bulb replacement- ? (help would be great)
Lotions,eyeware, etc.-$250
Miscellaneous-$1000
security alarms-$25

I would also be working nights at a bartending job a few nights a week. I average $1000 per night there which hopefully will keep us a float in the first few months as we develop our clientel.

What do you think id love any feed back.
kel01602 is offline   Reply With Quote