View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #45 (permalink)
sunsally
Team TanTalk

Rep Power: 25 sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where's adam.sand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.sand View Post
I don't know, I guess if it aint broke dont fix it? It took about 7 months to get 320 voicemails.

The issue is I look at it from my point of view, if I am going to make the choice to come to this mall and find parking, I want to know for **** sure there is a spot for me. The matrix was booked up 12 hours a day 5 days a week, and about half booked on the weekends. I feel that not booking appointments just risks wasting my clients time? Perhaps if I bought a THIRD matrix I could accomodate that style but I really think if I abandoned my clients ability to have guaranteed slots, I would lose business.

You lose business by someone who can't get in at 5pm on the dot - and so doesn't come at all rather than being there and being willing to either wait or use another piece of equipment instead

You lose business by booking the room for a 30 minute slot (5 minutes to get undressed, 15 minutes to tan, 5 minutes to dress, 5 minutes to get back there and turn the bed around for the next appointment) when in fact a client might come in, undress in 35 seconds, start the bed up, tan 12 minutes, be back out in under a minute, staff turns it and the next person is in within less than 20 minutes -- making it possible to tan THREE clients that hour, rather than the 2 set up for appointments.

You lose business by customers getting frustrated when they can't get through on the phone to make their appointments - so find another salon.

You lose business by new POTENTIAL customers getting frustrated when they can't get through on the phone to find out information about your salon - so they find another salon.

You invest in a fancy phone system to handle all these frustrated callers at an increased cost to your business.

You invest in extra staff time spent answering phones -rather than selling or cleaning.

Appointments make less money for salon owners. Period.
sunsally is offline   Reply With Quote