View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
mspriss08

Re: Best mobile airbrush tanning equipment? Is Fantasy Tan the best?

Hey there! I will you you the most honest review as I can seems how I bought my Fantasy Tan equipment a 3 years ago.

IT IS EXPENSIVE!!!! Maybe the price is high for the equipment but in all honesty back then I was a woman with this bright idea to start a sunless business and I needed a lot of information. Every equipment I researched seemed to have just come with a DVD as an instructional device. Fantasy Tan did send someone out to me to train me. This was comforting and probably the ONLY outstanding factor that got me to make the purchase. Everything went well with the training BUT there was a lot I could have never anticipated to ask my trainer. Cleaning the gun was something my DAD (a custom painter for cars) ended up teaching me. The girl from FT just told me to run a mixture of alcohol and destilled water thru it. Anyways I have never had any major issues with the equipment and it sprays quite well and I do have to say that I LOVE having both the gun and the airbrush right there ready to go. A ton of people will tell you that you can make the same machine for $500 and thou that may be true personally I would have NO clue how to begin that process. FT also sends you a bunch of solution , retail products, posters and a bunch of other stuff that helps with promoting your products.

Now the solution is expensive too!! Oh holy moly! But I could ALWAYS 100% guarentee NO ORANGE! the solution is very light on the DHA so I was able to mix their BoTan With The sun Spray 50/50 and it was a GREAT tan on everyone. Especially my fairest (red head) clients. Now you do have to use more solution then you would a lot of other brands which in my experience cuts into your profit and restricts your price and promotional prices to get clients in the door. I have also noticed here in Southern Cali that the girls just don't want to look tan (natural looking) they want a deep dark rich color and that is not Fantasy Tan by any means. It is a fabulous tan for brides, briadal parties and Light skinned clients or dark skinned clients that want to even their tone and give a nice burst of color. for the most part I have been OK with them but now that my warrenty is up I will be exploring other options. I will ALWAYS keep some in stock for my lightest clients because I wouldn't mess with perfection there. :)

some things to know:

they say if you run another solution thru your equipment while its under warrenty it voids the warrenty.

Competition is tough and with a high priced solution and equipment unless you are a spa that can charge 50.00 + a tan making your money back and a profit will take some time.

FT claims they will list you on their salon locator on their website BUT in relaity I was never listed until I called them, Then they added me but I have been lost again and when I addressed it in an email while plaing an order that question went unanswered. I have only received 1 referral from FT or the salon locator but that may just be because I vanished from the website and/or because So CAL is not as familiar with the brand.

Hope this info helps!!!

ps~ the retail products are pretty good and can bring in some extra money if you can push the products

Jenny
mspriss08 is offline   Reply With Quote