View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
SSTan

Re: Intellitan CCS3 and TMax 3A timers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Oshman View Post
You need to clear the memory in the timer.

Converting a T-Max to SIP

When you replace a T-Max Chip with a SIP chip in a T-Max timer, the following steps must be taken:

1) Remove power from your front desk controller (CCS3, CCS4, etc).

2) Set the address to 255. This re-writes the memory chip that holds the parameters and makes them Intellitan.

a) Remove power from the SIP.
b) Hold down the Start/Stop button.
c) While holding down the Start/Stop button, apply power to the SIP. As soon as you see a display, release the button.
d) Press the Up button until a flashing 55 is displayed. After 48, the display will jump to 55. If you pass it you will need to count up again. Stop when the display shows a flashing 55.
e) Once the display shows a flashing 55, press the Start/Stop button. The SIP timer will reset and go to a 00.
Step 2 does not work on any of our 3A SIP timers. If I hold the power button while powering up I cannot get the number to increment past 20 (the max time for the SIP chip). The TMax 3A just powers up as normal.
I have tried to reset the timer station # by setting parameter 1 to a flashing 55, and powered it back on and get the beep and 99 display.
We have tried the above method on 3 different 3As with SIP chips with the same results.
Grrr, .... I may need to get a new 3A with a SIP already installed.
SSTan is offline   Reply With Quote