View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
esunshine
I love Derf!!

Re: Help me get my tan back PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypitsthelife View Post
Okay so I have been googling and came across this forum and thought if anyone could give good advice it would be you all here.

I used to be a tanning junkie! So I will call you TJ... I tanned faithfully from the age of 15 up to 22. I stopped tanning for about 2 years and am now 24 years old pale and have an uneven skin tone and have struggled with adult acne since I stopped! I never had these problems while tanning and all came about once I stopped. I want to get back into tanning and have gone here and there but seem to be discouraged by the lack of immediate results. TJ,Tanning is a process and should not be rushed as rushing/burning leads to skin damage. I had been so dark that now when I go I just don't seem to get dark enough quick enough to be pleased. Being young and having so much free time i am betting you tanned outdoors on the same days as you tanned indoors. AKA tanning junkie or TJ. That is why you were darker when you were younger.
Tanning beds can only deliver, by law, 4 meds ( minimal erythemal dose) but a mid summer day with blue skies and such may offer as much as 32 meds in just one full day at the beach depending on your location!

Big difference from 20 minutes in a tanning bed. Does that mean you should be able to tan indoors 40 minutes or an hour indoors? Absolutely not!

I am hoping tanning again and getting that deep dark color will at least hide the uneven skin tone and ride some of the acne. It will but, You will never be as dark as you were as a kid if you have a job and work for a living and why would you want to be? Do you live on or near a beach where you would not look out of place being that dark? A healthy looking color is not freakishly dark imo.

Can you all help me with some advice to get tan as quick as possible....I miss my color and it just seems to take so long to get back to that --- I guess I can't get 7 year results over night but I'd like to speed it up if at all possible. Tanning is a process that needs to be slow and steady. Get a spray tan if your are that impatient and tan indoors as well.

I used to use bronzers, tinglers ect but I don't think I can jump right into a lotion like that, I do not want to use a product that worked well on super dark skin but will not leave me orange and streaked. Tingles dont make you orange, the cheap bronzers in them do. Spend a bit more money on a good bronzer and wait to use tingles until you have reached your natural plateau, then use a tingle to break on though that level..

Can any give some advice and recommend a lotion that will help me out???
You want brown shoe polish...1.39 at the drug store, one application should last a week or more!

Are there any bronzers that will not leave streaking ect? ETC...bronzers streak from improper application (not using enough and not rubbing it on in circles) and being garbage or having a low or high PH in your skin. Go to a real tanning salon and buy a good salon quality lotion and not one from walmart!

So if you want to get as dark as you did as a kid, quit your job, move to the beach, marry a rich guy, lay out every day all day like you did when you were young and stupid and get dark as a leather handbag and don't forget the baby oil and mecurichrome. Sounds like you wont be happy until you do.
Thanks!
Your welcome...