View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
trackerbuddy

Re: Question on purchasing either new or used beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard25 View Post
If you want to keep cost down you may want to look at leasing the beds. Has some tax advantage and you wont be putting out thousands of dollars out right away. I would get mostly new and look for used beds from a manufacturer. This way they will come out and set up and make sure everything is done correctly. Also if your opening a new salon you want to give the impression of good quality beds by having new. Doesn't look good when you have a salon full of older used equipment. Your beds are what make your salon. don't cheap out too much. Uvalux was very helpful with our set up.
I have to say I disagree very strongly. There are quite a few reputable bed dealers on this and other industry forums. Take advantage of the downturn in the business and economy and pick up great equipment for a fraction of the cost.
The only advantage of going through a manufactuer/distributor is that the may finance. The downside is you are saddled with debt and they want paid 30 days after the install irregardless of how long it takes to build your business and cash flow.
Bed Dealers
Brian Oshman
MATT A
Sunsally works with Highline Capitol and has beds
lastly take a long hard look at the equipment listed in the marketplace can you touch anything new for anything close to that price, so what you may have to rent a uhaul and or hire a technician