View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
michaloot

Re: Bring Mobile Spray Tanning to Hair & Nail Salons?

While I totally agree on not being ok with you wanting to show up if there are enough appointments (that is not acceptable), I do think it has merit.

We are in the process of looking at bringing someone in to do exactly what you are talking about. Being a salon owner I like the fact that you would be an independent contractor, I don't have to purchase the equipment, train someone, pay them to be there to try this out.

That being said, I would definately not bring you in to start your business, I would want someone who is already a pro at spraying and managing your own business. I want someone who is going to be professional, know what it means to your reputation if you don't show up.

Take the leap, I think this will be a good business in light of the constant pressure on UV tanning for some time to come. Get started learn the ropes, make your mistakes, build a base and become a pro at air brushing and I think you will find more than one salon willing to let you come in and make them some money. Once it grows big enough at the salon they may cut you out though so make it worth their while.
michaloot is offline   Reply With Quote