View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
esunshine
I love Derf!!

Re: Lotion to stop burning?

First Mr. nameless one, you should be at IAMTAN .com not here.
This is a site for salon owners, but since you are here, I'd like to know what was the max time allowed in the unit you tanned in?

If it is a 20 minute max time, then 7 should not have burned you unless you are a type 1 skin type in which, you , my friend should never get in ANY tanning bed. And you did say you had "VERY fair skin". If you did not fill out a skin type questionaire than you should go elsewhere IMO.

If you did 7 minutes in a 10/12 minute bed or booth, perhaps your "hottie" that suggested your session time and who you have hopes of having rub lotion on your back, needs some more education.
Following the recommended session time listed on the equipment based on your skin type will give you the best results without worry of burning.
And as far as lotion, Without it, you dry your skin, will not tan as well and your tan will fade much faster than when you use a decent product made for indoor tanning.

If you are not a TYPE 1 SKIN TYPE...
Take a few days off, and when you go back, buy a pair of goggles, some lotion -NOT SPF- ( if you want more instant type results, try a bronzer but not a hot/tingle) and a tanning package and go slow. Burns are skin damage and can and should be avoided at all costs.
And Cool beds will tan you just as well as hot ones so don't fall into the "heat makes me tan" trap.
Hope this helps