View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
theReverend_MC

Re: what are some similar beds to the UltraBronz SuperNova?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyn1226 View Post
Thanks ... I swapped out the three phase 80amp breaker with a new 100amp one and it has been fine ever since.
Please make sure you're using #2 as well. Just changing the breaker only solves half your issue if the wire size is incorrect. If the wire size is too small and sized only for 80 amps it will end up overheating and cause a short or worst yet - a fire. Have your electrician family member look at this for you if you haven't as of yet.

A short but not so funny (well it's funny to me) story about the previous owner of the salon I just took over. One of the two air-conditioning units for this salon went bad so he got quotes to replace the bad unit. He didn't want to pay the $5000 he was quoted so he decided at $2000 he'd purchase and install the unit himself. Not being an electrician he just hooked it up to the existing wires from the old unit. The old unit being a 40 amp unit versus the new unit at 20 amps. This lasted him all of one and a half years before the unit burned up. Me, being a licenced journeyman electrician, checked this out for him when he still owned this business and found out he had burned up the wire and going from the panel to the air-conditioning unit as well as the a/c unit itself. Had he of just changed the breaker to a 20 amp he could have still used the existing wire being that it was larger then needed but now there's a fairly new burned out a/c unit sitting on the rooftop that I will need to get fixed. I can do the electrical but I'm no HVAC repair guy.
theReverend_MC is offline   Reply With Quote