View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
justyn1226

Re: what are some similar beds to the UltraBronz SuperNova?

Quote:
Originally Posted by top2btmtan View Post
If its not causing any problems, and clients enjoy it.....keep it! Ultrabronze makes a 950 which replaced the Supernova I think.... There are not many out there that match the Supernova IMO - the bed is fantastic
thank you for the reply. you are right as I definitely want to keep the Nova, however I may be forced into upgrading. I just recently took over an existing salon that has been in business for 13 years and I already encountered my first problem. The Nova that I have is the 800/2 series, 24 minute bed. Last week it unexpectedly shut down with a customer in it. I called the former owner and he had me flip the breaker that the Nova is on. Once I did that, the bed came back just fine and the client was able to finish their session. At first I thought this was just a fluke situation, but it has happened twice in the last 10 uses of that bed!

I now have an electrician (who is family, so I know he is trustworthy) coming in tonight to check things out. The second time that this happened the breaker that my Nova is on was hot. Now I am no electrician, but something just doesn't add up. On the bed it clearly shows a label saying that the surge power is 100amps and the running power is 75amps, BUT the breaker that the bed is on is only a 80amp breaker.

I am hoping that this is simply just an electric issue and nothing actually wrong with the bed itself. I have heard that it is very difficult to fix issues with the Nova beds because they only made them from 98-02. Like I said I just purchased this business and the last thing I want to do is already have to replace my most expensive piece of equipment in the salon! any ideas or help is very much appreciated.
justyn1226 is offline   Reply With Quote