View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
ricky13

SCARY LUBRIDERM ...

I find this very, very " unsettling"...

LUBRIDERM, on the bottle says " Developed By Dermotologists For Healthier Skin " and it's main ingredients are " Mineral Oil, Petrolatum ( whish is hardened mineral oil ) Lanolin ( which comes from domestic SHEEP and is chemically akin to WAX,) PEG-100 STEARATE ( has been linked to cancer, developmental and or reproductive toxicity, organ system toxicity, and endocrine disruption ), Disodium EDTA ( a persistant organ polutant ) , and parabens...methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, (scientific studies reports that parabens were found in samples of breast tumors, parabens in cosmetics may migrate into breast tissue and contribute to the development of tumors ), Xanthan gum ( Some people are allergic to xanthan gum, with symptoms of intestinal gripes, diarrhea, temporary high blood pressure, and migraine headaches), and butylcarbamate ( Toxicity to humans, including carcinogenicity, reproductive and developmental toxicity, neurotoxicity, and acute toxicity.)

So basically Lubriderm, that was developed by Dermatologists for healthier skin, is supposed to be the BEST moisturizer ...??? It also states " It's unique formula with a patented emollient penetrates dry skin to effectively moisturize without leaving a greasy residue".

The one good ingredient is "Glyceryl Stearate ", which is a combination of Glycerin and Stearic Acid. Glycerin is a humectant, it draws moisture from the air to the skin, and the Stearic Acid binds moisture with the Glycerin.

The other only GOOD thing stated on this bottle of Lubriderm says " it is non-comedogenic, meaning it won't clog pores "

HOW can the makers of Lubriderm , the Dermotologists, say this is the BEST lotion to moisturize skin ??? To me it is a bottle of just about the worst things one can put on their skin.

There are NO natural ingredients in it, except for the sheep derived Lanolin. There is no Aloe, ( which any 1/2 way decent moisturizer has at least Aloe or Aloe Extract in it ) no Vitamin A, C or E. So basically they consider the " moisturizing ingredients" are water, Mineral oil ( which it is TRUE that it is a carcinogen , when used in large quantities and / or long term usage ) and Petrolatum ( petroleum ) and the petrolatum 's use is to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

There is NOTHING GOOD in this lotion that is developed by Dermotologists!!! I don't understand how / why they make this stuff ???

Does any of this surpirse anyone? It shocked the **** out of me, I used to use this stuff when I would run out of my HEMPZ moisturizer for a few weeks until I was able to purchase another bottle of HEMPZ moisturizer .

SCARY !!!