View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #47 (permalink)
Brian Oshman

Rep Power: 0 Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute Brian Oshman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fantasy Tan Bashes UV Tanning

I found this in a Word document I had saved.

Here is a partial transcript. She has since changed her marketing and did apologize about her strategy. She first became a sponsor across the street and I found the discrepancies in her advertising by clicking her banner. In all fairness she did change her website due to my outing her in a thread. This was just over two years ago.

The radio link is gone but this was the transcript of the portion that I had a problem with. Veronique has made good on her advertising strategy and that was good enough for me.

Here are some of the articles and the partial transcript:

http://wordcast.audible.com/wordcast...en_glow_on_the

Veronique Munro, CEO of Infinity Sun and celebrity spray tanning guru has been spray tanning celebrities all week before the show to deliver that all-natural, golden brown tan that will be gracing the orange carpet. Miss Munro states “it is always our pleasure to participate in these events. This is such an important show for children, knowing that their opinions count. But as a company, it is our mission to deliver the message to today’s youth that they need not jeopardize the health of their skin to have a beautiful and natural-looking sun kissed glow”. The 2006 Kids Choice awards broadcasts live April 1st 8pm EST Read the rest of this release, go to http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/3/prweb366670.htm

Published: Apr. 04, 2006 - 08:00AM PDT

http://www.fvnewswire.com/print.aspx?rid=34295

June 23, 2006, 12:00 AM EST
Beverly Hills,CA (FV NewsWire) - No time or money for a tropical vacation? No worries! Infinity Sun, a favorite among Jessica Alba and many other celebrities, is a new way to get that gorgeous sun-kissed bronze glow in three minutes.

It's now possible to look like you've spent endless days lounging in the sun (without damaging your skin) - Wild Clover Day Spa offers the most innovative experience in UV-free tanning, which can be enjoyed without the risks associated with more conventional methods of tanning..

http://www.healthradio.net/component...emid,99999999/

A close to accurate transcript between radio show host Michael Dressler (MD) and Veronique Munro (VM), CEO of Infinity Sun

MD “Sunless is much safer than tanning beds or laying in the sun”

MD “As kids, every waking moment we were in the sun,…nobody died. What’s the difference between 50 years ago and today?”

VM “well obviously there have been a lot of changes environmentally – hole in the ozone…..it’s dangerous to be out in the sun – higher incidence of skin cancer and premature aging then ever in our history”

MD – “why is that? Is it the same or didn’t we hear about it?”

VM – “actually has been the same – people in their 30’s and 40’s are the ones developing the really serious melanomas of the skin. They are much more aware of the risk, we weren’t. But added causes are increasing and accelerating these effects of the sun, that’s for sure.”

MD “Is it certain people have a propensity for cancer?”

VM “Obviously genetic propensity plays a part. However, like I said, it’s becoming much more widespread and happening to people in younger ages.”

VM – “They are also factors in addition to skin cancer – premature aging of the skin, wrinkling of skin, things they are considering when heading to the beach or putting on the swim suit or looking in the mirror and thinking they look pasty – so they don’t want to do it the conventional ways anymore:”

MD – “Is the risk the same as the tanning bed?”

VM – “There are different rays, not going to have as much of an impact if the exposure is minimum, but exposure that isn’t minimum can be higher risk”

VM – “I come at this from a different angle, I have very fair skin, almost bluish, from age 14, picked up first sunless product to ever hit the market”

VM – “So from the age of 14, that was my very first foray into sunless tanning…”

MD – “the sun has an effect – wrinkles”

VM - “we’re trying to heal the effects of the sun – be preventative

VM – “don’t expose the skin to UV rays, more than a little bit. A “little bit” is nice, because it has vitamins and that helps maintain health to a certain extent, but don’t go overboard – preventative is definitely what we recommend”.

VM – “Is there a downside to spray tanning ? If there is one, I don’t know about it and I don’t want to, because I love spray tanning !”

VM – “for people that do spray tanning , very important that they purchase a product that will keep them hydrated as well as one to do touchups in between”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Oshman
It appears that your goal is to try to completely shut down tanning salons. These are excerpts from press releases linked on your website.

Why do you hate the sun so much? Why do you come here to try to sell your products to salon owners and then turn around and try to stick a knife in their backs?

If you cannot already tell, people in this Industry are very touchy about UV bashing. We get it from the media and Dermatologists all the time. You are like the bird in the cat’s yard right now.

Last edited by Brian Oshman; 09-17-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Brian Oshman is offline   Reply With Quote