View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
tanman0302

Rep Power: 21 tanman0302 has much to be proud of tanman0302 has much to be proud of tanman0302 has much to be proud of tanman0302 has much to be proud of tanman0302 has much to be proud of tanman0302 has much to be proud of tanman0302 has much to be proud of tanman0302 has much to be proud of tanman0302 has much to be proud of
Re: Salon for sale in Lakeland, FL (complete turn key)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din View Post
i don't understand the drama.

If you are interested in buying the salon, you call him you go see the salon....if it's something, you want you put in an offer.

That's all.

It's up to the purchaser now to follow through and call the salon owner with any questions he may have about the salon.

If you don't call him....then the salon owners thinks you're not interested. He's not going to call you and ask you if you want to buy it. Cuz if you did, the offer would have been in his hands.
I was interested in helping my friend buy the salon who has no tanning salon experience but plenty of cash to buy it. After looking at it, getting the figures, I told him I don't think it is worth the price. The equipment is Tropical Rayz which I think look cheap and 28 lamp base beds are not something I would keep. Even the upper level beds are not something I like. My buddy says he could afford to put money into the salon and build it up. I think it is best to open in a plaza that has more traffic. The salon decor itself in beautiful but even selling the beds, you wouldn't get much for them...$500 each base bed, $1000 at most for the bigger ones. They are not up to commercial standards unless they went into a gym. (I did installs and have sold many used beds over the years!)
The lease is up in about one year and who knows if the landlord would even renew (still waiting for a copy of the lease). I think Liberty should keep the salon through one busy season and get a little advice on what he could do to drum up as much business as possible (I have offered to help and I am sure he could find alot of advise here). Once the seeason is over and his lease is up, take whatever money he has, sell the equipment and decor, and go on his way.
if my buddy is still interested, they can talk and work things out and I will help my buddy improve it once he owns it. Either way, I would help Liberty or my buddy if they want it!!
No drama, just some miscommunication!! Sorry Liberty, you still have my numbers, call if you need any help with anything!!