View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
sunsally
Team TanTalk

Rep Power: 25 sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute sunsally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have beds really changed in past 10 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmantan View Post
11 older beds in excellent condition.......My advisor said the beds were worth the 35k I paid for the entire business.

(2) Sundash 240's (4)level 1 beds, (3) level 2 beds (1) Sundazzler stand-up (1) Ergoline Turbo 600 (1) California spray system plus the computer systems to run the place.

Couple of thoughts:

*It depends what you are calling 'Level 1 beds' and "level 2 beds". I would call Sundash 240's "Level 2 beds", so if you have two levels below those, might be time to drop one out - and at the same time, fill the "gap" below the Turbo 600 and above it.

*That said - sure, you probably can do fine with this equipment, or some subset of it. Polish the beds inside and out, consider adding some "detailing" (from a sign shop) if they need to be prettied up -- can even put a bed up on a "platform" in a room to give it more presence.

If you want to go in as the low cost provider, you need to know what kind of pricing to offer to make that work. Also how to upsell so the 'low cost' is really bringing in more than they "think" they are paying.

If you have room for more than 11 units, then you can add in some other things that have more profit potential. With the equip you have, it appears to be too "low end". I'd want at least another VHR bed (Turbo 600) and HP.

No "one best way" to approach this industry. However, in the end, it is about client's perceptions that you offer a good "value" for their money -- whether that is $3/visit or $23/visit. Of course - the higher the number, the more you make!
sunsally is offline   Reply With Quote