View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
granburytans

Re: My new Lotion Sales Calls Technique

I would like to respond by saying that I really like some of these lotions and have carried some of their products in the past. But online sales are becoming easier and easier for the public, so I have started researching cost online and I am now asking for better prices, if they want my business. They lie and tell you that they don't sell to online companies and warn about people buying from ebay, but when I point out the companies that are selling their product, they say they probably buy in mass quantities, so basically the reps are lying. I also tell them to skip the buy one get 6 free stuff and just give me a per bottle cost. So if they don't want to work with me, that's fine. I just want to get the word out there that if we all (salon owners) demand a better price from these companies, then maybe they will listen. I think that if a product is selling online in the $30 range, then they should be selling it to me in the $10 range, that means I can retail it for $30 and put it on sale for $20 if I want to and I can compete with online sales. But if they don't want to deal with me, that's okay too, because I don't have to carry their products. As far as getting them to stop calling, I have had some luck with calling the number on the company website to be put on the "do not call list".
granburytans is offline   Reply With Quote