View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Namelessone

Re: Lotion to stop burning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr belvedere View Post
Sir, you need to start with shorter session durations because of your skin type. 5-6 minutes for the first three to four sessions - daily, in the base grade equipment. And ALWAYS use an indoor tanning product. These lotions have a moisturizer, in addition to other ingredients, that will help your skin tan faster than if you expose without them. Secondly, because of your skin type, and being a man, I suggest you use your salon's high-speed, or level 2/level 3 beds (whatever they have). The lamps in these beds generally have a significantly lower UV B output than the base beds and will help you tan faster - however, you still need to start out with only 5-6 minute sessions in these beds until you develop a base tan. I know opinions will vary, but yur skin will adapt much faster and start tanning more quickly if you go every day for the first 4 or five days. After the base tan is established you can skip a day in between and start to extend the session times. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice everyone. So even though my skin is currently red from yesterday's tanning session I should go back today for 5 minutes?
Namelessone is offline   Reply With Quote