View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
eileen

Rep Power: 35 eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute eileen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vitamin D deficiency

kim, it's good to have you back! it sounds like everything else is going better. i hope so. i still think we as salon owners need to work on this more. we often talk about getting vit d from tanning but i wonder how many salon owners have actually gotten tested. i was tanning about once every week to ten days and for some reason i just thought maybe this wasn't enough. i made my own appointment and told my dr. i specifially wanted to check this out. well as it turned out i'm on the low side...not deficient though and my Dr. agreed he would rather have me on the high side! i have gotten better about increasing my time in a tanning bed to 2 times a week. i now supplement this with 1000 IU's of VitD. i go back to get my levels tested in march again to see if this puts me on the higher end. btw this is why i believe you need to take control of your own health.... my Dr. wouldn't have issued this test and he was quite interested that i knew all about it and talked quite a bit about to me. he ran all the other normal tests for a physical and said they were all perfect. :)

there are a few members here that have always given very good guidance with this as well and might key in. :)

eileen is offline   Reply With Quote