View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Spellbound

Re: UVA and skin conditions

I, too, have psoriasis. Tanning has always helped & I did see a dermatologist 14 yrs ago. I stopped seeing a dermaterrorist after his technician FRIED the crap out of me in their photo therapy booth. she was supposed to put me in for 30 seconds & set it for 3 minutes. I was soooo burnt I couldn't wear anything but sweats & sweatshirt for 3 days. Talk about painful!!(was in February-1994). this is one reason derms/dr's get on my nerves w/ skin cancer scares because they are just as responsible as they SAY we/beds are & to heck w/ the facts!!
Anyway, in the last 3 yrs my psoriasis has been under wonderful control. I tan 1 - 4 times a week all year in all my beds/booths. I always use lotion & I use myself as an example to most of my customers w/ psoriasis. Since there is a variety of types, some need the stronger meds. I also use Psorcon E because every now & then I get a small breakout somewhere(face, etc). I like it best as it's not a steriod based cream.
Gagoo-if the booth at dr's office works better, maybe the tanning bed you are using has old lamps or you're not going frequently enough to zap them. Try a stronger bed. Copays are killer at a dr's office-tanning is cheaper.
Spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote