View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #44 (permalink)
megatanman
I love Derf!!

Rep Power: 17 megatanman is a jewel in the rough megatanman is a jewel in the rough megatanman is a jewel in the rough
Re: A Vote For McCain will end the tanning industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by unity View Post
First the price of oil is NOT much right now, I have not looked but it must be about $60 a barrel. Thats the TRUE cost. Add future speculators and its $120+!!!!

Announcing that the US is opening up drilling sites will CRUCH the speculators and the market price will FALL! This is a fact. Its does not matter that it will take years to get the oil into the pipes because YEARS ahead is where the speculators are.

Removing the taxes is stupid. Its NEEDED to maintain roadways. Dropping the federal tax will save me $22 this sumer if followed by Hillary's proposal. So save me $22 yet 6,000 highway workers will be without jobs? No thank you, I would rather have a road to drive on!
Uh,have you seen how the "road workers" are making our tax dollars work. One guy working and 6 guys watching at 25+ dollars an hour is more than enough reason to eliminate half of those overpaid pieces of crap.Thats part of the problem with this country "Low Productivity" and high operating costs.3000 of those highway workers are cancers anyway.

Im not talking about Hilarys plan,that would only save us 8 cents a gallon.Im talking about the 45+ cents in fed and state taxes.

Then they can start drilling all they want,If what you said above is true,it won't be long before they can re-instate the gas tax.
A temporary relief along with opening up our stockpile.
megatanman is offline   Reply With Quote