View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
soltanner

Re: Is tanning in "moderation" dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileen View Post
PS I love this! ----> My last words of advice are always:
Use the S.Y.S.T.I.M. - Save Your Skin Tan In Moderation (tm)
Thanks for the compliment. My husband didn't believe me that I made it up - I call him a "SuperGenius", and he thinks I can't make up an acronym (especially one I had to *misspell* to use). Can't kill him, so it's divorce I guess. But a man can't go around dissing his wife. jk - the way I look at this point, I'm surprised he hasn't left me!

Hey - back on topic - I wish I would have had the advice you can get now back when I was slathering on the olive oil (pervert neighbor 'recommended' it) and laying out on a silver sheet (and I'm mostly IRISH). I am very fortunate I did not do severe damage.

Seriously, to my amazement, people think I'm a college student at one of the universities near my salons and today is my half-birthday - half a year away from the big 4-0. Too bad that's my waist size too.

But I started tanning responsibly right around '91 because I had a full-time job and couldn't get as much tan-time in outdoors. I found the right salon and with that bit of luck, a good lotion, and appropriate tanning times, I was able to save my self from being an alligator-skin handbag. Now I'm just a suede handbag - a big, cuddly one.
soltanner is offline   Reply With Quote