View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
soltanner

Re: Is tanning in "moderation" dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engfant View Post
Oh LINUX?!?!

OOOooooooh how exotic of ye! Me likey likey!

Nevermind what I said up there. That was for the other foo...er fine people stuck in Microsoftland.
I cheat: My husband is a Software Systems Engineer (PHP Programmer), and former Web Software Developer (he writes code like I write letters) for The Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering. I just do what he says when it comes to computers and hope I can keep up. We have servers everywhere. I work with four desktops (same monitor) on my home computer, am hooked-up to my laptop (for gmail, google calendar of spray tans , etc.), and have VNC/RDP connections to both of my salons as well as my office computer. Unfortunately, I haven't left my house in like 5 days and my kids get food all over the bills.

As for the "fine people stuck in Microsoftland" I feel bad for them, but everyone's not as lucky as me when it comes to finding a soulmate that happens to be a SuperGenius (that's from a Calvin & Hobbes cartoon - he'd kill me if he knew I called him that on here).

However, being a card carrying member of NOW, I do have my own opinion: Microsoft is BIG Business that runs LITTLE businesses into the ground, just like the Wal-Marts and Best Buys of the world. To me, being a small business, going with a company that isn't trying to take over the world but make it's place in the world better sits best with me.

I'm so off track on this thread I feel guilty - sorry. But like I said - I have no idea how to start a post. I'll try to sign off now, but this site is addictive.
soltanner is offline   Reply With Quote