View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
mr belvedere
Mr. b

Rep Power: 68 mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dan Humiston Announces Run For U.S. Congress in 27th Congressional District

Good stuff, Max - can't argue with any of that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Belvy "Brother":

If you truely believe what you have posted in paragraph 1, then you should never donate to Dan or any Candidate with experience in Industry.

I am watching Boone Pickens on CNBC this morning, would it not be good to have him in Congress as an energy guy? I sure think so and even though he would run in Texas, you can't have enough smart men and women in Congress. I would donate to his campaign. Smart Energy Guys in Congress = good for all of us, not just tanning guys!

Dan is a Tanning Guy and that has been my focus. I respectfully disagree with you that all Owners and Suppliers would "not benefit one iota" by having one of our own in Congress. Having one of "our own" would produce many benefits, please read some of my earlier posts. (FDA reports to Congress, no one in Congress is a tanning guy, Dan is a tanning guy = a chance to talk to the FDA directly = smart for Salon Owners. Dan would talk to other Congressman = a tanning guy talks directly to other Congressman = also good for Salon Owners).

The incumbent is a good guy from what I hear. He is not a Tanning Guy, therefore he will not reprsent your/our interests with the FDA = not good for Tanning Guys!

I too believe in the sanctity of public service and knowing Dan for almost seven years feel that he deserves your and all Tanning Industry Owners support!

Lastly, I don't feel "shameful" for my solicitation at all. This is a unique moment for our Industry and also for the online Boards. I have sent money, spent time soliciting more money and asked that each Tanning Person do what they can to get the word out. Plan to continue to do so right up until election night.

I also hope this thread stays more front page, clearly in this election season, it is important that who we elect gets lots and lots of scrutiny.

Best to you Belvy!

Max

mr belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote