View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
DCBCMM
I love Derf!!

Rep Power: 18 DCBCMM has a spectacular aura about DCBCMM has a spectacular aura about DCBCMM has a spectacular aura about
Mystic Tan Now Available through Sephora! Uggghhh!!!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Remember life before the spray tan ? We can, but we'd rather not. Mystic Tan, inventors of the world's first automated sunless tanning booth in 1998 (developed in a garage in Addison, Texas!), made safe, believable tans available at the push of a button, and created a new pre-wedding, pre-red carpet, and pre-beach cottage industry. Today, they deliver about 20 million sunless tans Mystic Tan delivers per year!

Now, the company is taking it a step further (up the butts of tanning salon owners), by making that same rich, goof-proof tan available in your bathroom. Announced with a big article in today'sWWD, after it launched on Sephora.com yesterday... Mystic Tan products are sold exclusively at Sephora. (Thats total crap! How can mystic turn theirs backs on tanning salons like this? Absolutely Ridiculous!!!)

Designed to be totally goof-proof, (read: a smooth, streak-free, natural-looking tan every time), the ingenious Face and Body systems use patented technology to deliver a glow that's as gorgeous as the one you'd get at your local spa. It's actually the same formula used in spas, slightly modified to remove, as Mystic Tan creator Ricky Croft calls it, the "human error" in self-tanning. (Ugggh! This is very slimy...no pun intended! Well, maybe a little...)

The Sunless Face and Body Spray comes in the "best spray can ever, thus, we decided to screw the suckers, I mean, eh-hem, little guy tanning salons who faithfully sunk a buttload of hard earned money into our highly overpriced big blue albatross by only offering this miraculous product exclusively to Sephora" says Croft. (ok, I may have embellished this a tad) "We found this amazing can that uses compressed air to force out the formula in a light, even mist, so there are no harsh propellants--just air in a rubber bladder. The spray stream is easy to control and it spray continuously from the beginning to end, ensuring an even tan that's free of streaking."

But here's our fave proof to the power of this product: A normally non-makeup wearing and rather, well, tad pasty, coworker walked into a meeting yesterday looking relaxed, well-rested and glowing. A few of us asked her if she'd gone away for the weekend, and she smirked. "No, it's MYSTIC TAN, and it's the best thing that's ever happened to my complexion."

And with that, we (decided not to go to the local tanning salon to get a spray tan or purchase their products, but instead...) placed our order at sephora.com....

Posted by Laura Kenney at 1:10 PM
Labels: Sephora News , Skincare
Thanks a lot Mystic Tan!
DCBCMM is offline   Reply With Quote