View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
MalibuBarbi

Re: Hydration Station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie73 View Post
Hello! I was wondering if you are getting a good response from customers to the hydration station. The salon I work for is considering a purchase of one. I think the concept is great and a good service to offer in the salon. Is your machine getting alot of use?
Actually, we are getting great feedback...of the 50-60 clients who have been in it, nobody has anything bad to say about it. It is getting to the point where it's used quite a few times a week. (We only opened in Feb.) They all see a boost in their color after using HS and then a tanning session. Skin is definately softer. I used it a couple of times and believe it DOES boost your color (after you can actually SEE some color to boost.)

The only problem I see with selling it is this: It has a "protect" program...meaning, prolong the tan without additional UV exposure. While it may offer that, it will not keep tanning the person because of lack of UV exposure...does that make sense? I've heard a couple people ask why you'd do the 'protect' program if you're not getting any tanner....just extending the color you have..... good point. If you are going to be in it for 20minutes, may as well do a UV session.

Is there a way you can "rent" one for a season or year to see how it goes for you? If you are the only ones in your area that have one (like we do), the public is curious and anxious to try it. Especially the more "mature" clients who are very concerned with skincare.
MalibuBarbi is offline   Reply With Quote