View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Paralaw

Cool Number of times tanning in 24 hrs?

I am a seasonal employee of a larger tanning salon in a mid size city. It has been a policy of the salon owner that tanners may not tan more than once in a 24 hour time period. Say they come in at 5 pm one day to tan then come in again the next morning at 9. She would consider that to be double exposure and has said that we need to explain to the tanner the facts of safe tanning. Possibly we could cut the tanner's time in half for that day's tanning to avoid over exposure. The clients are surely NOT liking this. Many have said they have done this for years and have not had a problem before. Of course, this is my first season as a NEW seasonal employee and the clients think it's me doing this to them.

Here's the deal. Altho this has always been a policy and the owner herself has enforced it, I've witnessed, she has once again requested that employees start watching the records as tanners come in and enforcing it. Some of the regular employees that have never enforced it are all up in arms about it as well and have sided with the tanners. So someone tell me just for my information. What's the deal with the amount of exposure you can safely have in a 24 hour time period.
Paralaw is offline   Reply With Quote