View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 06:35 PM   #68 (permalink)
Coconutbeach

Re: Ten basic tips to opening a salon.

Hi,
I'm a NEWBIE!! Been reading about a million threads in the last couple of days. I really like this site to gain information. I am looking to open a salon but am still researching. I live in a town of 30,000 people and the median age is 33 (and older). I found a great place to open the salon...near a grocery store and in a strip mall between a nail salon and a high traffic beauty salon. I am just totally freaked though on how I will be able to make the lease payment in the beginning. It looks like the space is 1800 sq feet @ 1.25 psf. Do you have any suggestions on how you were able to eat when you first started out? I realize it will take a while to be up an running.

Also there are only 2 other salons in a 5 mile radius. One is lower end and has sunquest beds and the other is ENTIRELY too nice with an ergonomic package. But we would all be spread out across the town. I'm typically a social worker and am ready to take on a new venture! I do realize I will be putting in a lot of time toward this business. Any thoughts or feedback is GREATLY appreciated?
Coconutbeach is offline   Reply With Quote