Thread: Acne
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #46 (permalink)
paradisepalms

Re: Acne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Stingy View Post
sorry but

""Tanning beds may help acne initially, but dermatologists have found that acne will often become worse after a while."

shows that you have not a clue. Dermatologists prescribe pills that destroy your kidneys and liver and none of what they offer even come close to what a tan will do in terms of clearing up the skin.

You are very uninformed my friend.

The only reason skin doctors can't stand tanning is because a tanning bed can replace 90% of what they offer and do it in a safe and reliable fashion without side effects other than good health. If they came out and said the sun is good for you then they'd be out of business and be held liable for 50years of sun suppression that's responsible for most of the internal cancers/illnesses people now die from.

You have an agenda friend and are not speaking the truth.

You'll find that a good amount of the break outs people suffer from are due to bad diet, stress, not drinking enough water, using dirty water, hormones.

None of these causes can be solved with some creme but tanning does help all of these.

who do you REALLY work for is my question.

Wow, it sounds to me like you are only concerned with finding ways to bring money into your salon rather than what may be best for your clients. And unfortunately for the general public there are many of your kind out there. The fact of the matter is that owners like you are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

Sorry to bust your bubble but there is no agenda here. And who do I REALLY work for (Picture some James Bond music in the backround)... myself you flippin idiot. I own a tanning salon in Wesley Chapel, FL. You can look us up so no smart *** comments about if we really exist like the little voices in your head. I got my start in skin care at The Elizabeth Arden Salon, The Red Door in Saks Fifth Avenue. While working there I continued my education in medical aesthetics. After two more short years I had built up my clientelle enough to open my own salon. That's it. No product rep or CIA informant for the dermatologists as you were probably hoping.

And I'm sorry but some skin care professionals have seen the light! WTF are you talking about. I have about 9 doctors that I work closely with who send over psoriasis patients, patients with osteoporosis and things like that. Granted I met them at seminars so I'm on the inside... something I've found helpful. And HELLO!!! Have you seen the new Smart Tan ads??? So for you to say that skin doctors can't stand tanning is close minded on your part. If you want them to believe that what you offer can be beneficial, then you have to return the favor. It's a little give and take and for someone living in "reality" (Although I'm not sure what reality that may be) you should know that those "skin doctors" have the upper hand at the moment. Not that we can't fight it. There are many cases that we have won but everyone knows it is ten times as hard for us. So lets try not to make it any harder.

And lastly don't insult anyone's intelligence. If it was a stab at me I've spent a lot of money and time away from my kids for my education and I don't appreciate it. If it was for the other reasonable person posting here, that's just crazy.

Last edited by paradisepalms; 12-22-2006 at 11:33 AM.
paradisepalms is offline   Reply With Quote