Thread: Acne
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 11:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
paradisepalms

Smile Re: Acne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Stingy View Post
not true.

While your theory is correct it does not apply to natural heat and light exposure. Pills, topical drying agents, on the other hand, are drying via drugs. In some cases a timed release that your body will have to bust *** to overcome. Never had an issue with tanning as I would have noticed this myself having acne (at one time at least)

If you use a good face wash, toner, moisturiser with no drying agents then tanning plus a quality follow up is the best way to clear acne.

Seriously?? Yes heat and light exposure of any kind can cause issues with acne. It can temporarily reduce the appearance but it does not cure it.

"Tanning beds may help acne initially, but dermatologists have found that acne will often become worse after a while. Tanning causes the skin to thicken and keratinize, which makes it more difficult to clear the pores. In general, tanning is not considered an appropriate way to manage acne" dr drew 2001

If tanning worked for you,great, but you probably had grade one acne. There are four different grades of acne ranging from non-inflammatory, inflammatory, skin mainly containing closed comedones, to skin consisting of lesions(papules and pustules). We use a scale of one to ten to diagnose and prescribe the best treatment for an individual. Did you know that there are at least 21 different types of acne? And those are only the ones I can name off the top of my head. While most effective topicals are temporarily drying, the skin usually balances out in about two weeks.

But really the point of all this is basically if you haven't been extensively trained to diagnose and treat these conditions, you are better off keeping your mouth shut or it will come back to bite you on the *** at some point. I would never recommend a hair color and peroxide percentage to someone because I wouldn't know what the *uck I was talking about. And I sure as shi* wouldn't be applying the color treatment for them. The tanning industry is already under the magnifying glass so lets not add fuel to their fire.

Last edited by paradisepalms; 12-21-2006 at 11:37 AM.
paradisepalms is offline   Reply With Quote