View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
tanthis&tanthat
My mom loves Derf!!

Rep Power: 28 tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute tanthis&tanthat has a reputation beyond repute
negative comments on tanning?

I was wondering if there are any of you that get a lot of crap from friends and family and even strangers about owning a tanning salon...

for example... my husband told one of his employees that i own a tanning salon and the first words out of her mouth were, "oh so your wife sells cancer for a living, great!" he schooled her right off, so now she at least keeps her mouth shut!

but i get really nervous around people, especially if i am being judged... and we are going to see his family for a week and i swear they think the same thing... whenever the salon comes up in conversation everyone clams up or i get a "hum...!" and that is the end of it. like they disapprove!

so i was wondering if you ever come accross this and how you handle it. my husband said if it comes up he will take care of it and set them straight... but i wish i could handle it. when people come in to tan and say things i am usually good at taking care of it, but that is because they came to me and are on my terms... but family and friends?
tanthis&tanthat is offline   Reply With Quote