View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
caribbean tan man
DERFTALK FBI AGENT

Rep Power: 46 caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute caribbean tan man has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I think I've come to the right place.

ANOTHER CASE CLOSED FROM SUNSALLY!

not much left to say!

what i will say is this sounds like the salon i bought and still own. the cheap rent, size, selling price, old equipment, great location, and even the known name. except i have A/C.

I didnt do any of the stuff Sunsally mentioned and im still here. But that was just plain stupidity! ILL ADMIT I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT ID SIT BEHIND THE DESK AND MAKE MONEY.

Put it this way i never even asked how much the rent was.....i just got so excited i could afford and was about to own a business i totally dropped the ball on any kind of common sense investigation. i was only 26( is that a good excuse) LOL

what i found was the clients that were still coming just wanted a clean profesionally run salon that gave results. so thats what i gave them first.

fresh coat of paint
new lamps
fixed little things that old owner thought were no big deal
opened with real hours
advertised new owners/ new management
mailed offers to members who left
added towels/wipes/ coat hangers and seats to rooms
changed price structure to hide increase in price
1 brand new upgrade machine ASAP
another 1 or 2 new/ used (new looking) machines each year after that
digital timers and computer system
accepted credit cards and much much more!

its been 4 yrs my salon has a full remodel and 8 machines from 6
all but 2 machines have been replaced.
the biggest package when i purchased salon was 1 month $65
now the biggest is 1yr $600 (and i sell it)

my closet comp sold 1 yr after i bought my salon and now that owner is closing the doors next month.

my better bigger comp has also sold since i came in and is now copying what i do!

it can be done but be smart about it and do what sunsally suggested...

i didnt find this site untill i already made my purchase and i must say FINDING IT HAS KEPT ME IN BUSINESS AND PUSHED ME AHEAD OF THE LOCAL COMP!