View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
artisan

I think I've come to the right place.

First off, hello to all of you out there. I spotted a sign posted in a business 3 weeks ago, "tanning salon 4 sale, busy, busy business, 23 yrs. in business". For my DH and I, the timing seems perfect! I phoned her, and after a couple of meetings, I'm still interested, and I don't know why, but I feel this is something I have to do. She is asking 20K., OBO. She has owned it for 5 of those 23yrs, but she just got a full time job that pays benefits, and cannot do both jobs. 1000 sq. ft. building (very COOL, and chic!), no air, 3 beds are 10 yrs. old, the 4th has cracked acrylic, and two standup units with dressing rooms. I do believe all of the units need new bulbs. I think the location is great, $650 a month, plus utilities. I do think she has lost alot of clients because of her other job, she is only open four hours per eve., M - F, and 4 hrs. on Sat. I will be seeing her books on Wed. of this week, what should I look for? I know while many of you are reading this, you are thinking to yourself, "What is she thinking?". My dream would be to get new, or almost new equipment, and a walk in sunless booth. Maybe I just need reassurance from those of you (providing there are any) who started out scared shitless, and with such prehistoric equipment. I know I am a people person, and do have a way of making people comfortable, is that, and money, enough to make a profitable business? My husband is all for it, but he is an over the top optimist. I want to thank you for allowing me to "sound off". Any advice, I'll listen and sort it out. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions, I like to learn as much as possible. By the way, I am from Michigan........and it's getting cold!
artisan is offline   Reply With Quote