View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #179 (permalink)
rooney3

Re: Lumiere (Anyone making money?)

We're beating a dead horse here TJ and I do believe I'm going to call it a day after this post. Let's just agree to disagree. You stay on your bandwagon and I'll stay on mine.

You are bound and determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. No matter what I say or suggest, you've got an answer for why it doesn't apply to you. Now its the financial resources I have that you don't.

My 'totally revamped approach' is a $4,500 massage chair purchased on a 12 month same as cash finance deal, and a financed $17,000 Hydration Station to round out my VIP suite of services. My new goal is 100 VIP's. I'm 25% of the way there as of today.

What WAS totally revamped was my initial THINKING on;

1) How to successfully sell the Lumiere and
2) How to increase revenue in my salon.

And where did I get that revamped thinking? From Tom here on the board.

But when I read his post and VIP suggestion, instead of saying "Gee, I'd have to totally revamp my marketing approach to sell an expensive VIP membership, which I've NEVER sold before...naw, I can't do that" I said "What the ****, what I'm currently doing isn't working, let's throw it at the wall and see if it sticks." It did.

I sold two more VIP's today, our first husband and wife team. Do you think I sat here contemplating "Hmmm, was it the Lumiere, was it the massage chair, was it the Hydration Station?"

All I know is that before I brought the Lumiere in, I didn't have a VIP membership, and now I have 25 people paying me $79.00 a month with a smile on their face. It wasn't something I planned on, its just where I've wound up.

Our Lumiere is getting a lot of use now and word of mouth is slowly speading. That was my initial goal. We can argue all day long but I don't believe I'd be selling a $99.00 down, $79.00 a month package for tanning, once a week massage chair and once a week Hydration Station sessions.

My wife is active duty Air Force and she told me a phrase that they live by:

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome.

Maybe you buy into that thinking, maybe not. But that's all I've done here.

See you at the show.

Ric
rooney3 is offline   Reply With Quote