Thread: ventilation?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
nmarcks

Re: ventilation?

I would have your husband build one or yourself. It really is very straight forward to build. All you really need to do is build a platform and connect the wall or walls to it. You can use many different products to create the walls. Cut out two 18" holes for the ventilation on the back wall one at about 4" to 6" off the top of your platform and the other about 8" to 10" above the top of the lower fan. Then cover the holes with some small metal wire fencing(forgot the correct name but its like what you would use if your making a small rabbit cage or covering the bottom of your deck so animals won't get under your deck). I painted the metal mesh black and ran a plastic trim around the outside edge to finish off the cutouts for a nice smooth finish. Make a shelf that will hold the fans. Buy some batten at Walmart(1/4 works fine) for the filter (works the best nothing get through to your fans and its cheap). Create whatever kind of brace system at the top to support your walls at the top if needed and cover the top with fabric or whatever else you would like to use to help keep the spray in.

I built something like this and it turned out very impressive looking. It is heavy and not made to be moved around. I covered all the Malonite walls and flooring with basic stick on tile, really finishes it off nicely and you can pick whatever colors and patterns you would like. The overspray in the room is basically completely elimanted. I built mine for about $200. You can get quite elaborate with your overspray booth and about the cheapest I think you could ever build one is about $125. Most you see on the internet use a bathroom style fan for exhaust. I recommend using two box fans, moves much more air and is easier. Just start looking at the overspray booths on the internet and run some ideas through your head. It really is quite easy to build.
nmarcks is offline   Reply With Quote