View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Marca
I love Derf!!

Rep Power: 43 Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute Marca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting ready to hire nail tech

I have several 'deals' going right now:
- employee who is also a nail tech. She gets paid for the hours she works. We've paid for her education and pay for all the supplies, inventory, furniture, etc. but also get all the income also bought products. This works well i think, because the nail business is a heavy business as Bravotan says: if you do this 8 hours a day, your back hurts like ****.
- beautician who pays a fixed rent. This is easy and we have no work whatsoever, except.... 2 bosses in one company is difficult sometimes especially when she expects something that we feel is not included in the rent... write everything down you can think of, like costs for trash disposal, maintenance of the entrance, gardens, etc.etc.
- a fysiotherapist who rents the room and we receive 30% of all the income. Good deal i think when someone is starting out.

The nail business is a difficult one and i would surely want to see what someone does and how well they do it, before having someone on board. The cross-selling part does work in my opinion. The smell is certainly a factor to consider, escecially when they do a lot of acrylic nails. Our nail tech is specialized in gel and that does not smell at all.

Good luck!

~~~~ www.DiMarca-Online.com~~~~
~~~~ www.DomainedeRomefort.com~~~~
Marca is offline   Reply With Quote