View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
blondjuls
I love Derf!!

Rep Power: 19 blondjuls has a spectacular aura about blondjuls has a spectacular aura about
Re: Showering after tanning indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundude
MYTH"I have been told from several of my friends that showering directly after tanning will "wash" your tan away. They say its best to wait about 3 hours after tanning to shower.

"FACTTaking a shower after tanning will not wash your tan away. A natural tan takes 24-48 hours to develop. The tanning process occurs within the epidermis when melanocyte cells are stimulated by ultraviolet light that causes them to produce the pigment melanin. Melanin production results in the tanned appearance of the skin and is the skin's natural defense against the sun and over-exposure, i.e. sun-burning. Melanin travels to the surface, where it eventually flakes off. This process allows us to develop new skin every four to eight weeks. Keeping your skin hydrated and exfoliated will help maintain a more radiant and healthy-looking tan.
Very true...the only thing that may wash off is the bronzer before it has a chance to work. If you're using it. But the tanning process happens within the layers of skin not ontop like paint and will not "wash" off. This is a common myth we hear within the salon.

Along with...countless others. What do you think is the most outlandish one you've heard to date?
blondjuls is offline   Reply With Quote