View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
missmojorising
I Love Derf! Who Doesn't?

Rep Power: 28 missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute missmojorising has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serious Question, not a Joke...

I hired a black guy 2 seasons ago (I believe in that equal opportunity thang and I'll prove it) -- he did tan--did the clients react differently to him as opposed to the white guy or the hispanic guy I also hired or the trio of cute chicks behind the counter--yes--does he still work for me--no. Tanning is a Tactile activity and SALES(wo)manship is what makes or breaks you in this business. Tanning is seeing and believing--my color looks good--clients say--what do you use--regardless of what I say--CT7, Ionyx, Spellbound--whatever--they buy it. Are you planning on being behind the counter or just in the background--shuffling paperwork and keeping the equipment in tip top shape? What roll are you wanting to play in this endeavor?

I personally don't think your skin color is going to be your biggest problem in Vegas--I think the over saturation of the Vegas market is going to be your biggest obstacle--there is a major franchise opening 20 Big Boy salons (20+ beds)--get your ducks in a row and REALLY think about this--with people like an attorney and an accountant--this can EAT you alive--personally, financially and emotionally.

good luck.
mojo.

www.simplytantexas.com

Last edited by missmojorising; 04-08-2006 at 04:15 PM.
missmojorising is offline   Reply With Quote