View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 06:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
tinker77

Re: psoriasis meet ur new BEST FRIEND

I started noticing white spots on my skin just after new years of this year. I went to my doctor and he had mentioned that he figured it was tinea versicolor and suggested I use head and shoulders on my skin. I continued tanning during this time but noticed that my skin was worsening. 2-3 weeks later I then went into a walk in clinic to get a second opinion. This doctor suggested that I use Salsum Blue on my skin and to leave it on over night 1 to 2 nights and this would completely cure it. Once again I took the doctors advice. Still no results and to top it all off my plaque psoriasis had started showing up hugely all over my skin. Early in February I went back to my own doctor to get checked out. He figures now that it isn't Tinea Versicolor afterall and it's actually another form of Psoriasis. Doctors just **** me off sometimes especially when they misdiagnose (sp?). I was referred to a Dermatoligist just to make sure his assumption was correct. In the meantime I was told to stop tanning entirely and wait and see what the Dermatoligist had to say. I finally got in yesterday and he agreed with my doctor that it was in fact Guttate Psoriasis. Has anyone heard of this? I am to completely stop going to the tanning salon and to start going to the psoriasis clinic located in town to receive uvb treatment. He also advised me to moistourize my skin and to not use my medicine prescribed to me for my psoriasis due to my skin being so bad. Doesn't the tanning salons have specific beds for psoriasis sufferers or beds that have the uvb lights? The only reason why I started going to the tanning salon was because of my psoriasis. Having a nice tan was just a bonus! Everything was going awesome for the first 3 months then boom. Has anyone else suffered from this specific type of psoriasis? **sigh** I feel better now after my long rant lol. Thanks for reading and take care!
tinker77 is offline   Reply With Quote