View Single Post
Old 02-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #55 (permalink)
mr belvedere
Mr. b

Rep Power: 68 mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute mr belvedere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lumiere (Anyone making money?)

For the record, I'm not whining because I got the meachine and that I am not doing as well with it as I would like to be. I'm whining because RAI has not followed through with their marketing and promotion plans that they told us about in the sales pitch. And honestly, had it not been for the part "We are using Mystic Tan's marketing and promotion formula and have hired the same PR firm ..." I never would've bought the system when we did.

Another key point in the sales pitch is that system appeals to over 50% of the consumer base in any market, while indoor tanning statistics at the time said only 8-10% of the consumer base spends money on indoor tanning. "Lumiere will mean the end of 'Slow Season' for salon owners because of the increased potential customer pool." Well that's fanfriggintastic, but you can't get those customers unless they know about the **** thing. Which reminds me, it really burned my cookies when RAI removed the salons that had Lumiere from their locator page on their website.

Bottom line - business is about risk, especially this one. I accept that. But when a vendor makes statements about what they're going to do when they want $30,000.00 from you, then they don't follow through, I get a little cranky if you know what I mean. I could put up with the rest of the BS I mentioned in earlier posts, but this cannot be allowed to pass for "good business". Just wanted y'all to hear my side. -Belvy

mr belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote