View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
House of Tan
Team TanTalk

Rep Power: 21 House of Tan has a spectacular aura about House of Tan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Lumiere (Anyone making money?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ

1- Where are you located? Midwest, Indiana
2- What kind of a salon are we taling about? Spray tanning/Lumiere
(are you a tanning salon elimitating your slow season Original concept was a stand alone, but we added Spray Tanning to up our traffic
or a stand alone store front)
3- How much money are you spending on advertising? Right now, 2k/mo.
4- How much time are you spending promoting lumiere? All day baby, it's my business, I want to see it work (I don't waste time with things like T.V.)
5- What are you netting after expenses? Nerver enough, but by the end of this year we should be netting over 6k per month, I took a loss the first year.
6- As a rep.........what did you pay for the units I was not a rep when I bought my first unit, even now I still must pay full price
7- Are you still in the tanning business? No Way, shrinking market, devalued product, ECT, ECT. I do still consulting work for 5 clients.
on #3 we always get a positive return on our advertising investments.
on #7 we can make more $ with less work selling and promoting Lumiere
on #2 if I had an upper-end tanning salon with foot traffic of 200+people a day I could be doing over 30k a month in Lumiere. [Off the top of my head, I can think of over 10 salons (chains, franchises, or singles) that are doing great (some better than I)
on #1 the mid west is not the best market for Lumiere right now, but I do fine.

Some salons are making a killing with Lumiere some are not. If you are like me and have seen the tanning market shrink like crazy since '98-'99 and want to go off in another direction or just add another revenue source (AND HAVE THE TIME AND RESOURCES TO DEDICATE TO IT), Lumiere can be very good to your bottom line.

Remember I can support an entire salon on one machine, can that be done with a tanning bed.

CLUBTAN1 - Sorry.

Mr. B - I have tried.

Best of luck to everyone no matter what direction you go.

I never want to see anyone fail.

“It took a few capitalist to show the communist how the shrink the middle class.”