View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
TJ

Rep Power: 24 TJ has a spectacular aura about TJ has a spectacular aura about
Re: Lumiere (Anyone making money?)

Well.......I started this thread and I'm glad to see some response to it. I am just a salon owner who has been in the tanning business for over 9 years and my wife has been in the skin care business much longer. All I'm saying is that I was led to believe by an RAI rep that the national advertising was in place and if I got in on the ground floor, I would have a devise that would eliminate my slow season in my tanning business. That was the selling point. I was never told that I would have to spend the biggest part of my time promoting and selling the thing. I have three salons and with this business being as slow as it has been for the last few years, I have to spend much more of my time running the salons than I used to. I'm not in a position to invest all of my time and money in to lumiere. If I had been told that I would need to do that, I wouldn't have bought the machine. I am *******and moaning because I was mislesd. S*** does happen but I feel that the the people who created the **** should do something to help the people who have gotten themselves into financial problems over this divice. I'm not alone here. I personaly know another owner of the divice who feels the same way I do. We know what we were told and we know what we got from RAI after we signed the papers. In the beginning, the company was all about helping tanning salons eliminate the slow season. But now I feel the company has become all about selling the machine. Oh yeah, that brings another point of interest to mind. Iwas also told that RAI would never sell to Franchises. Well, guess what? I heard that Planet Beach bought 30 units at the Las Vegas Tanning show Last summer. Guess what? I have a Planet Beach right up the street from me.

how’s $60,000.00 in sales in the first 12 months and the last three have all been over $9,000.00 with Jan. finishing up at $12,000.00 (Again, feel free to come to my salon, you can look at my books if you wish.

That sounds great. Although I'm way to busy to come to your salon, maybe you can tell us a few things.

1- Where are you located?
2- What kind of a salon are we taling about?
(are you a tanning salon elimitating your slow season
or a stand alone store front)
3- How much money are you spending on advertising?
4- How much time are you spending promoting lumiere?
5- What are you netting after expenses?
6- As a rep.........what did you pay for the units
7- Are you still in the tanning business?

I only wish we could hear some success stories from regular tanning salon owners in small town USA who have eliminated their slow seasons and still operate a tanning salon.

Last edited by clubtan1; 02-05-2006 at 12:14 PM.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote