View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Tan Talker

Rep Power: 23 Tan Talker is just really nice Tan Talker is just really nice Tan Talker is just really nice Tan Talker is just really nice Tan Talker is just really nice
Re: Lumiere (Anyone making money?)

packages are from $299 to $499 including a supply of products to be used along with the light. Much cheaper than microdermibrasion and chemical peals. The machine cost over $30,000 . It has been approved by the FDA as a non medical facial rejuvinating divice. Anyone can provide this service in any business. I only hope I have more business with it this year than I had last year

This device is a non medical machine. It is a product driven device, which means the products are actually working on the skin to achieve results.

An FDA approval letter indicates that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a product for commercial distribution. The letter specifies conditions of approval for the sale, distribution, and use of the product. FDA indications are based on safety and efficacy data used to approve a device for broad distribution.

Our studio is a medically supervised facility. Our Doctor is a Dermatologist/Internist who researched LED therapy and equipment for us including the above mentioned device, and we bought a Medical facial rejuvenation LED machine for about 1/3 the cost of the above mentioned machine.

Our machine must be administered by an aesthetician and touch the face for the prescribed amount of time over a series of applications for any results to be seen. Women and men who are used to having facials and skin care procedures prefer feeling the human touch and enjoy the relaxing massage that is associated with it and when used in conjunction with peels and Microdermabrasion the results are excellent. These procedures are not more expensive than just using a LED machine and some products.

The ROI on our medical grade machine, even with the aesthetician's pay is much greater and the machine will pay for itself much more quickly than some LED machines on the market. FDA approval doesn’t mean it is a guarantee that the product will live up to its claims.

Return on investment of any machine depends on cost of the unit added to the cost of doing business vs. sales of service or product. How many services or products must you sell to recoup your investment before you start making a profit? And if any business can use the same device as you what would keep your neighboring nail or hair salon from having the same machine and undercutting your price to get your business? Is there a non-compete clause in your agreement?

Unless you are a licensed skincare facility or medically supervised facility carefully consider bringing in devices that make medical claims, but are not medical devices. Is the promised revenue going to pay for the investment and eventually make a profit and how soon? Otherwise stick to tanning and tanning related products.

Just my humble and unsolicited observation and opinion.
Tan Talker is offline   Reply With Quote