View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
ChristineE
OFFICIAL BFF MEMBER

Rep Power: 113 ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute ChristineE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Specials vs. No Specials

You are going to get both sides on this one. But my theory as far as specials, is to "create" specials that don't have anything to do with your regular packages and pricing. I never would do a "discount" on a regular package price, unless it is a "coupon" for $$ off any package over a certain dollar amount. I like to do specials because it brings new clients in. It also brings back old clients. My current "special" is one week for $9.95 and a second week for $2.95 only with a purchase of lotion. People think this is such a good deal but it only one week...and if they get the second week, I've also made a lotion sale! You should never ever discount your current prices as an in-house special. For instance, your current month unlim is $50. If you have a special price at $35 in your salon, all the people that walked in expecting to pay the $50 for your month just got a deal and you got screwed. You just lose money this way. Your specials need to either bring people into your salon, or make people buy/try things they normally wouldn't like lotions and upgrades. JMHO...