View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
MJ

Rep Power: 23 MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice MJ is just really nice
Re: looking to open a salon

well...
first I suggest you look at all your option but I strongly advice you do a search on this and the other tanning websites available to you. BEFORE you call any franchise office. They are an option of course. BUT you do want to be your own boss correct?

Then why work to make the franchise money. IF you plan well and do your homework you can make a go of it as an independent. JMHO Start with learning about tanning, benefits of UV and lotions, The anti tanning orgs- the Tanning orgs that are supposed to help us. The State you are in--- regulations..
as well as lack of them( if applicable) Which could indicate a future issue that could come to haunt you.

The problem most people have is they do not do enough case studies of the market they plan to jump into as a competitor. But that is but one small part of the equation.
There are many more factors. Search search search and read every thread that might be relevent to what you are asking.
Use the search option and type in key words such as beds,lamps, Mfgs, Marketing, Price structures, loans, employees, lotion, promotions, etc..
And gather as much info as possible.
Cut and paste some of the more important nuggets of info and save them in Word.
Why word??? So you can print and use it as your cheat sheet when you need to. When you have a fully developed well rounded filesaved in Word'....covering all aspects of running a salon. And are ready to look into how to start your own or how to purchase an existing salon.
After that---
Then and only then do I suggest you call JB. or any other franchise sales man. JMHO

If you are looking for someone to spoon feed you, do your leg work, and hold your hand by all means call JB> JUST KNOW THIS~~~It will cost you!
If you want to be your own boss and own and operate a salon successfully... do your homework.

Banned "forever" twice ~
yet I can still post here...:lol:
MJ is offline   Reply With Quote