Thread: ear candling
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 06:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Kay
I love Derf!!

Rep Power: 21 Kay is a glorious beacon of light Kay is a glorious beacon of light Kay is a glorious beacon of light Kay is a glorious beacon of light Kay is a glorious beacon of light Kay is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ear candling

^^^ I AGREE ^^^

Alternative Medicine is defiantly a good thing. My husband is currently working on his Doctorate in Holistic Nutrition, (Biologically Based Treatments)
But the scary thing is there are people out there that take a one day workshop and receive a certificate… (now their the expert.) If you are seeking Alternative Medicine ask for credentials. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not have jurisdiction over many alternative therapies. Biologically Based Treatments and Manipulative Body-based Methods are the most common and the most dangerous. The best thing to do if you’re looking to work with an NHP (Natural Health Practitioner) talk to your PCP and get a referral.

Biologically Based Treatments

These treatments rely on things found in nature, including foods and herbs. Herbal therapies made from a plant or a combination of plants often come in the form of teas, capsules, and extracts. About one third of American adults regularly take some sort of herb, anything from a cup of chamomile tea to echinacea to fight a cold.

Most popular Biologically Based Treatments are dietary supplements. These can range from a simple daily vitamin C pill during the winter to magnesium, melatonin, or mega-doses of vitamins. More atypical biologically based treatments include treating cancer.

Manipulative and Body-based Methods

The treatments in this category focus on moving or realigning body parts. For example, chiropractors adjust the spine, massage therapists manipulate the body's soft tissues, and doctors of osteopathy use manipulation plus traditional medicine. Ear Candling and Cupping therapy also fall under this category.
Kay is offline   Reply With Quote