View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
excitednewguy

Hi all,

I am another new guy looking to get info of any kind on opening a new salon. Just a little background. I owned an Airbrush Salon for one year, and did quite well. We didn't make a ton of money, but we did ok. I always wanted to expand and open a larger more full service salon. Well I sold the ABT Salon due to some lease issues with the landlord and have been sitting here for about a year now. I am now ready to start the process of opening a new salon. We have about nine salons in my immediate area, but only one in the location I like, and they have been for sale for some time now. I approached the owner about buying the salon, but I didn't think it was worth what he wanted, 75,000 for eith beds, all about 5 years old. The location I am looking at is a brand new shopping center across the street from his. I am hoping to do something like 8 beds and an airbrush booth.
One of my concerns is electrical. Can't I buy beds that will run off of 110Volts AC and not need to have the expense of converters and upgrading electric and such? Also, I have done a ton of research on bed manufacturers and the prices are all over the map! How much should I spend for normal beds, versus a stand up, versus high pressure, etc. etc.
I'm sure I have a million other questions, but I think everyone gets the drift of what I'm asking here. Thanks in advance for any info guys!!!!!
excitednewguy is offline   Reply With Quote