View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 04:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
tannaked

Hey all-

I am curious to know the best way to increase our prices.

We bought a salon that has been run into the ground, all the bulbs have been maxed and are some are up to three years old! The acrylics are shot and the equipment is aged and needs to be cleaned and tightened.

We have changed the bulbs and acrylics on three of our ten beds and suffered from STICKER SHOCK!!

I have talked to other salons in the area and we are the cheapest, also the clients have stated that too! Ugh.

I do not want to be the discount tanning salon. We are making the nec. changes and want our clients to get the best results possible. Some have noticed the changes already and are happy with us so far.

We are about .50 to $1.50 cheaper on our reg. beds than the others, and about the same difference for our upgrades too.

I want to bring our reg. beds up .50 from $4.50 to $5.00 a session and increase the others by .50 also.

Would you put a note up 'warning' your clients with an effective date and simple explaination or would you just increase them and say nothing until they approach you?

What about timing? Would you do it now during slow season or just before busy season?

I am very nervous about this, but know it needs to be done to cover the 'clean up' that needs to be done along with the image make-over we need.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
tannaked is offline   Reply With Quote