View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
JohnnyComeLately
I'm Banned

Beach Club Tans,
Sure!!

The three I really looked at were Structures, affiliated with Tan America up in NorCal, EuroWalls and TanWalls.

TanWalls: Great for a budget. These were our pre-show choice and so we were going to see how they looked all set up. We had seen them at their factory in Orange County, but not really in a "multiroom" set up. They are a foam-centered construction with a laminate outside. They do have a solid wood as a single choice, but the rest are foam centered. We spec'd out a 1500 sq ft place with about 13 rooms at high $10k. Large 4' long panels are held together by vertical channels, which is not the strongest choice of these 3.

EuroWalls: Other end of spectrum. Very, very solid, and very very expensive. The sales people were too busy to talk to customers a majority of the time we came by. It was a little frustrating and you'd think that when you mentioned putting in an order next week (now this week) they'd be more responsive. You can't go wrong with them, but they're expensive and may not be as responsive (time wise or friendliness).

Structures: Equally as solid as Eurowalls. They are our "post show" choice, so I should be able to tell you in 9-15 weeks my initial installation impression of their walls. They also do very nice cabinetry, so you'll get nice front desks from them and can get custom. I met the family that runs this business and they're very friendly. The styling is a little different than Euro, but also very similar. Euro seems to be trying very hard to be chic, but Structures are classy and simple.

In terms of types of construction, Struct and Euro were identical to the untrained eye. 2' by 4' sections, slid down along vertical channels, with horizontal pieces seperating them. Extremely solid. Panels were solid core as well. Both came with European door locks, which my wife has always preferred (she was stationed in Germany for a few years in the Army).

I won't claim to be an expert, but these are my observations from spending about 15-20 minutes with each, and then a little longer at Structures to cement a deal. Euro was $30s for the 1500 sq ft, 13 room, and Struct was mid teens ~$15k for the same.
JohnnyComeLately is offline   Reply With Quote