View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
JohnnyComeLately
I'm Banned

It's sorta humorous, though, to hear the outlook of an industry based upon a show. However, you may be right.

I'd say the show sucked for the distributors (who had a booth, I put in an order for several machines from a large distributor who DIDN'T ante up a booth..I'd say they did well). But for the salon owner looking to make some choices now (and can't wait till TN), it was good. You had plenty of time, and weren't overloaded. We tanned in an S-class, Matrix L33, and Magic 636. Let's just say the choices are now made for my new HP (and I'm even thinking of ripping out our old UB818 to put in a new one there too). I got to walk up to all modular walls and give them a serious shaking....choice made there. Got to meet Terri Franssen and scores of other people. Long conversations with the gas prices more than offset by the knowledge learned. Hey! Even got to meet the owner from the salon who just moved in next door (and his whole family).

Day One may have been light, but the first day of a Wednesday show usually are in Consumer Electronics, Security, Garage Door Openers and Home Integration industry shows as well. Thursday was pretty heavy with us not being able to get into a few beds to check them out (S-class, for example).
JohnnyComeLately is offline   Reply With Quote