View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 03:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
John B

Great post! Just thought I'd add something however. We recently joined the Chamber of Commerce in our town and they will assist with a "Ribbon Cutting". They take care of all the invitations, including county and city mayors, commissioners and officials. They will also make arrangements with the local newspaper to have someone there to do a short story and take your picture. In addition, they will also allow you to put your brochures in the local Chamber office (which by the way has literally hundreds of people come in every day...locals and visitors). A Business AFter Hours is held quarterly for members and at that time you can bring in displays, business cards, brochures or what have you. Other members also attend and at the last BAH we donated tanning as one of the door prizes. It's a great way to get your name out there. It's a small investment for the return that it gives us. When we joined, we were invited to a new member breakfast and our picture was also taken and put in the paper. We've had lots of new clients say that is where they saw us. Normally people don't read the ads in the paper here, but they sure do look at pictures! It may be worth checking into in your town. We are the only tanning salon who is a member and we are also listed on their website and linked to our website through theirs. Our particular Chamber has 560 members and they always refer members first when someone calls or comes in looking for something in particular.
Throwning my two cents in here as I worked for the Chamber for a while and pretty much know the ins and outs. Thought you all may be interested!
John B is offline   Reply With Quote